aboutclinic.com reserves the right to make changes to the Site, Service, Terms and other policies. If aboutclinic.com makes material changes to these Terms or other policies, then aboutclinic.com will either notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Site prior to the effective date of the changes. aboutclinic.com will also indicate at the top of this page the date these Terms were last updated. These Terms are effective upon acceptance by new users. If any condition shall be deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity of the remaining condition. Your continued use of the Service and the Site after any such changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms, you may not use or access the Service or the Site.
The content, (which includes any text, graphics images or other material contained, accessed or entered on the Site (“Content”)), on this Site is for educational/informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care professional. Any communication between you and health care professionals on the Site or through the Service is for general informational purposes only and does not create nor is it intended to create a physician-patient relationship as defined by federal and state law. Your reliance on any information or Content provided on the Site, whether or not it is provided by a health care professional, is solely at your own risk. You should always seek the advice of your physician or health care professional for any questions you may have about your own medical condition.
You may use the Service only to post reviews based on your personal experiences and to communicate with other community members about questions on personal care, beauty, and wellness. Except to the extent you are otherwise directly authorized by aboutclinic.com, you may use the Service only for personal, non-commercial uses, and may not use the Service to advertise or promote a product, service, procedure, business, health care professional, or other person. For example, and without limiting the foregoing, you may not use the Service to post any reviews, questions, answers or other content:
- That praise, recommend, describe positive experiences with, or otherwise promote a product, service or procedure that you or your employer sells, markets, distributes or performs;
- That praise, recommend, describe positive experiences with, or otherwise promote a health care professional or other person that is yourself or someone to whom you are related or with whom you work;
- That praise, recommend, describe positive experiences with, or otherwise promote a business you own or by whom you are employed;
- That are false or misleading, including reviews that are fabricated or exaggerate positive results; or
- That are repetitive or duplicative with respect to the product, service, procedure, business, health care professional, or other person about which they concern (e.g., it is not acceptable to post multiple similar reviews about your experience with a procedure in one or more areas of the website); or
- That are for, on behalf of, or at the request of another person, if such other person would violate any of the above by posting such content.
If you breach this Agreement and use the Service for advertising, promotion, or other commercial or non-personal uses (including any of the prohibited examples above), you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to aboutclinic.com, but that the amount of such harm would be very difficult to determine.
This will not be construed to prohibit you from posting content as an individual in a response to content posted by another user about your business; provided, that
- you have provided true and accurate registration information to aboutclinic.com about yourself,
- you have clearly explained in your response that you are making a statement on behalf of the business (including your affiliation with the business),
- your response is limited solely to providing factual information and explanations to refute any statements or allegations in the posted content about your business, and
- your response does not otherwise attempt to promote your business or serve any commercial purposes, as determined in aboutclinic.com’s sole discretion.
Additionally, you may not:
- Use the Service or register as a member of aboutclinic.com if you are under 18.
- Use the Service in any way or for any purpose that is against any local, state, federal or any other applicable of your jurisdiction.
- Use the Service in any way or for any purpose that harms or endangers us or our affiliates, resellers, distributors, service providers and/or suppliers (collectively, the “aboutclinic.com Parties”), or any customer of a aboutclinic.com Party;
- Use the Service to exploit, solicit or harm minors;
- Post or submit any content that is racist, sexist, inflammatory, defamatory, hateful, harassing, threatening, abusive, profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit, false, misleading, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, infringing of another’s intellectual property rights, contains any trade secrets or other confidential information, or otherwise offensive or objectionable;
- Promote, encourage or glorify violence, self-harm, suicide, anorexia, bulimia, or any other practice that is unhealthy or harmful;
- Post your name, email address(es) or telephone number(s), URL(s) or any other confidential or personally identifiable information for you or any other person;
- Provide or purport to provide medical advice, prescription, diagnosis, or treatment recommendations;
- Register for multiple accounts or use the account of another person;
- Impersonate or pretend to be any person other than yourself;
- Use the service to attempt to solicit business or direct website visitors to a non-aboutclinic.com site for commercial purposes;
- You agree not to use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Service;
- Post links to sites or files that contain or are viruses, spyware, malware, or other harmful content;
- Attempt to interfere with or disrupt the Service or any person’s ability to use the Service; or
- Use the Service for any purposes for which the Service is not intended.
We may tell you about certain specific harmful or additional prohibited uses in community guidelines, a code of conduct or other notice available through the Service. We have, however, no duty to do so. You agree to abide by any community guidelines, codes of conduct or other notices we provide. Any use of the Service other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of aboutclinic.com, is strictly prohibited.
In addition, aboutclinic.com is not obligated to enforce these Terms against another user, health care professional or other third-party on your behalf. If you believe another user, health care professional or other third-party has violated these Terms, then please contact aboutclinic.com.
aboutclinic.com reserves the right to investigate the matter and take whatever action aboutclinic.com deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
In order to use some of the features on the Site, you are required to register and provide information about yourself to us and create a service account (“Service Account”). It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your account information, including your Service Account password. In addition, you are responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your Service Account. You must inform us right away about anyone using your Service Account without your consent, or any security breach that relates to the Service or your Service Account. You agree to provide aboutclinic.com accurate, current and complete information about yourself as may be prompted in any registration forms on the Service and promptly update any such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. aboutclinic.com reserves the right to refuse the Service to anyone, including terminating your Service Account and/or preventing you from accessing the Service or your Service Account, with or without cause, at any time and in its sole discretion.
By using the Site or Service, you consent to receive emails from aboutclinic.com, which may include commercial emails provided such emails are in accordance with the preferences you select in the email and notifications page. You may change such preferences by changing your account settings on the email and notifications page of the My Account section of the Site or via the unsubscribe link in all commercial emails. Please note that as long as you maintain an account, you may not "opt out" of receiving service or account-related emails from aboutclinic.com.
We do not claim ownership of such Submissions you post or submit. With the exception of any information you directly submit through a health care professional’s profile or inquiry form, by posting or otherwise providing your Submission, you are expressly granting aboutclinic.com a nonexclusive, irrevocable, world-wide, perpetual, royalty free license (including sublicense) to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, modify (including create derivative works) or transmit (including digital transmission of a sound recording) your Submission, in connection with the Service and aboutclinic.com’s business, including without limitation promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service or aboutclinic.com’s business, in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter developed. You also grant aboutclinic.com permission to publish your name about your Submission and to use your name, likeness and voice in connection with your Submission. In addition, by uploading Submissions to the aboutclinic.com website, you hereby waive any rights of privacy or publicity. You also grant aboutclinic.com the permission to grant any of the above rights to other persons or entities, including for the purpose of promoting the Service or aboutclinic.com’s business.
aboutclinic.com will not pay you for your Submission. aboutclinic.com may, in its sole discretion, refuse, or remove part or all your Submissions from the Service at any time if aboutclinic.com considers the Submissions to be illegal, offensive, harassing, infringing, in appropriate or otherwise violates these Terms or aboutclinic.com’s Community Guidelines. For each Submission, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to post or submit the Submission and to grant the licenses and permissions in this section. We do not monitor user Submissions or disclose information about your Submissions to third parties. However, we may monitor your Submissions on or through the Service and may disclose information about you, including the contents of such Submissions, if we deem it necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or respond to legal process; (2) ensure your compliance with these Terms or other aboutclinic.com guidelines or policies; or (3) protect the rights, property, or interests of aboutclinic.com, its employees, its customers, or the public.
aboutclinic.com does not have any responsibility, including editorial control, of any content posted by other aboutclinic.com users, health care professionals or other third party content providers on the Site. The statements or content posted by aboutclinic.com users, health care professional or other third party content providers on the Site are those of the users, health care professional or other third party content providers and are not the opinion of aboutclinic.com.
aboutclinic.com does not make any representations or warranties about the accuracy or reliability of the content, including the opinions, statements or information posted by the aboutclinic.com users, health care professional or other third party content providers on the Site. The aboutclinic.com users, health care professionals and other third party content providers are solely responsible for the content posted by them respectively.
aboutclinic.com does not endorse or recommend any specific content, procedures, products, opinions, health care professionals (including, but not limited to, doctors and dentists) or any other material or information available on the Site or through the Service. In addition, the health care professionals and specialists featured on the site are not employees or independent contractors of aboutclinic.com.
There may be medical related or health related materials posted by aboutclinic.com users, health care professionals or other third parties that may contain nudity. If you find these materials to be offensive, then you may want to use the Site or Service in such a way as to limit your viewing of this material.
- identify the photograph and provide aboutclinic.com with enough detail about the photograph so aboutclinic.com can locate it on the Site;
- provide a statement that you have a good faith belief that the photograph is of you and was either not authorized to be uploaded, posted or submitted to aboutclinic.com or your health care professional had permission to upload, post or submit the photograph but you no longer want the photograph displayed on aboutclinic.com’s Site;
- provide a statement declaring that the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the person in the photograph or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the person in the photograph;
- provide information reasonably sufficient to permit aboutclinic.com to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and email address and
- your physical or electronic signature.
We may automatically upload performance and usage data for evaluating the Service, the Site and the software associated with the Service and the Site. This data will not personally identify you.
aboutclinic.com grants you a limited, personal, recovable, nonassignable and nonexclusive license to use the Site and Service. aboutclinic.com owns the text, photographs, videos, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software and all other elements and components of the Site and Service (“aboutclinic.com Content”), excluding your content. aboutclinic.com owns the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other intellectual property and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the aboutclinic.com Content and the Service which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. You may not modify, reproduce, republish, frame, download, transmit, distribute, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, license, sublicense, reverse engineer, publicly display or create derivative works based on the Service, any of aboutclinic.com’s Content in whole or in part, or aboutclinic.com’s website except as expressly authorized in writing by aboutclinic.com. In addition, aboutclinic.com does not grant any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to aboutclinic.com’s website, the Service and aboutclinic.com’s Content, are retained by aboutclinic.com.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE ABOUTCLINIC.COM PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES EVEN IF ANY OF THE ABOUTCLINIC.COM PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING IN THIS CONTRACT, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE ABOUTCLINIC.COM PARTIES TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT ON THE SERVICE) AND THIS CONTRACT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO ABOUTCLINIC.COM FOR THE SERVICE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
We may change the Service, the Site or delete features at any time and for any reason. We are not obligated to provide maintenance, technical support or updates to you for the Service or Site, but we may provide these in our discretion. We may cancel or suspend your Service at any time. Our cancellation or suspension may be without cause and/or without notice. You may cancel the Service at any time, with or without cause, upon notice to us as specified in the customer support or contact us area for the Service. Upon Service cancellation, your right to use the Service stops right away. Once the Service is cancelled or suspended, any data you have stored on the Service may not be retrieved later. In addition, if you stop the Service or terminate your Service account, aboutclinic.com may continue to show some or all of your Submissions.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the aboutclinic.com Parties from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any content you post or submit to or through the Service, your use of the Service, your conduct in connection with the Service or with other users of the Service, and any violation of this contract or of any law or the rights of any third party.
You may notify us by e-mail or postal mail. Your notices to us must be addressed as stated in the feedback area for the Service.
This contract is in electronic form. There may be other information regarding the Service that the law requires us to send you. You agree that we may send you this information in electronic form. You have the right to withdraw this consent, but if you do, we may cancel your ability to use the Service. We may provide required information to you
- via e-mail at the e-mail address you specified when you signed up for the Service (or subsequently provided when updating your account information),
- by access to a aboutclinic.com web site that will be designated in an e-mail notice sent to you at the time the information is available, or
- by access to a aboutclinic.com web site that will be generally designated in advance for this purpose. Notices provided to you via e-mail will be deemed given and received on the transmission date of the e-mail. As long as you access and use the Service, you will have the necessary software and hardware to receive these notices. If you do not consent to receive any notices electronically, you must stop using the Service.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and aboutclinic.com regarding the use of the Service or the Site, and supersedes any prior agreements between you and aboutclinic.com relating to your use of the Service or Site. The failure of aboutclinic.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms or any prior version of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
aboutclinic.com grants you the right to use the aboutclinic.com Web App for your personal use only. You must comply with all applicable laws and third party terms when using the Web App (e.g., your wireless data service agreement or Apple terms). The aboutclinic.com App may not contain the same functionality as is available on aboutclinic.com.
aboutclinic.com retains and owns all right, title and interest in and to the aboutclinic.com Web App, including, but not limited, to all rights under copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent and any other proprietary rights. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, decompile, disassemble or otherwise remove any intellectual property notices from the aboutclinic.com Web App.
aboutclinic.com may modify or terminate any services offered through the Website from time to time, for any reason and without notice, and without liability to you, any other user or any third party. aboutclinic.com can reserves the right to change the content, presentation, performance, user facilities and/or availability of any part of the Website at its sole discretion, including this Agreement from time to time. You should check this Agreement for any changes each time you access the Website. Your continued use of the Website and/or clicking on the "I accept" button will signify your acceptance of any revised Agreement.
We may also make available appointment and scheduling functionality through our Website and Platform. Service providers can set up this functionality directly via the Website, or they may integrate the functionality into a website for their medical practice or business, customized social media pages, or other third party websites.
If a service provider’s profile is enabled with our appointment request functionality, you will be able to submit a general request for an appointment with a service provider through our Website or Platform, and the service provider can review the request and contact you directly to finalize your appointment details. Our appointment request functionality does not allow you to reserve an exact appointment time, but you will have the opportunity to request a general time when you would like to schedule an appointment with the service provider.
If a service provider implements our self-service scheduling functionality, you will be able to view available appointment times for the service provider and will have the opportunity to book an exact appointment time. Once you complete your booking, you will typically then receive confirmation of the appointment from the provider.
We reserve the right to disable our appointment and scheduling Services for any service provider who repeatedly
- fails to respond to appointment requests and/or
- refuses to honor self-scheduled appointments through our Services. We also reserve the right to deny our appointment and scheduling Services to any registered user who abuses, disrupts, tampers with, or interferes with the proper functioning of the appointment and scheduling Services in any way. For the avoidance of doubt, this would include any incident in which a user repeatedly books one or more appointments and does not show up at the scheduled time.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against us and our officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature arising from or in any way related to this Website, the Platform, or our Services. If applicable, you waive your rights under California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true, and accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights which you may have had under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If you would like to create an account or contribute content, then you may be required when you set up your account to select a password and provide us with some personal information, including but not limited to: full name, password, location, and email address.
If you are a licensed medical professional and wish to create or edit your profile on the Website, then in addition to setting up your account and providing personal information to us, you represent and warrant (a) that you are a medical professional, (b) that you have the necessary licenses to practice in your field; (c) that the information that you provide to us when you add a listing or update an existing listing is accurate and truthful; and (d) that you are in good standing with your local licensing authority. You may submit credentials on behalf of a licensed medical professional, provided that you warrant and represent that you are an employee or associate of a hospital, private practice, or other recognized medical organization who possesses the written permission of said provider to submit his or her medical credentials and other personal and professional information to this Website.
We reserve the right to immediately suspend, cancel, edit, and/or erase any account or listing on the Website which we deem to be invalid or fraudulent or which we choose, in our sole discretion, not to include on the Website. Furthermore, we, at our sole discretion, reserve the right to edit or remove any biographical information or data that has been submitted or posted to the Website if we believe the information to be deceptive, inaccurate, improper, or fraudulent.
In cases where we believe that a provider's credentials may have been used fraudulently, maliciously, inaccurately or improperly, we reserve the right to take all necessary action to protect the Website and the provider, including but not limited contacting the provider to verify his or her credentials and intention to share such information with this Website, contacting local law enforcement authorities to investigate cases of suspected identity theft or fraud, and appropriate legal action.